All Eagle Scouts, Life Scouts (our future Eagles) and their parents are invited to the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz Graduate School of Business, to hear speakers and panel discussions directed at guiding Eagle Scout careers. Whether your interest is in going to college, entering the labor trades, or seeking a career in the military, NESA Pittsburgh wants you to make an informed choice.
NESA Pittsburgh provides that opportunity on Saturday, March 7th, 2020. Experienced professionals will provide insights into various opportunities and options available to our Eagle Scouts, and answer questions. Particular attention will be given to the cost of higher education and options for financing. Parents are encouraged to attend and participate. NESA Pittsburgh’s goal is to help our Eagles make the best choices for their futures.
Our program will require a $20 deposit upon registration. The $20 dollar deposit will be returned on arrival, making the program free to all attendees.
Date: Saturday, March 7th, 2020.
Venue: Mervis Hall (Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
Nearest hotel: Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center.
- 8:30 am: Welcome & introduction.
- Four programs presented at 9:00 am, 9:45 am, 10:30 am and 11:15 am, with students & parents selecting among the four rooms and with each room led by a lecturer. Tentatively:
- College selection and options, led by the Admissions staff, University of Pittsburgh.
- Financial aid opportunities, led by the student financing staff, Robert Morris University.
- Higher Education Opportunities in the Military, led by a Navy officer.
- Career education provided by trade schools and community colleges, led by CCAC.
- Noon: Lunch provided by Max and Erma’s
- 1:00 pm: Breakout & discussion sessions specific to enrollment in Military Academies, University of Pittsburgh, Robert Morris University, and Community College of Allegheny County.
- 2:00 pm: Wrap-Up
Space is limited for this no-charge event. To reserve your & your parents’ spot, go to: