I want to thank the NESA Pittsburgh Board of Directors for the confidence they have put in me, to lead NESA as Chairman of NESA Pittsburgh.
In particular, I want to thank Joe Salvucci, for encouraging me to join NESA Pittsburgh. It is an organization that was not on my radar, but I am very grateful for finding it and building relationships to the dedicated members of the Board. Joe was the catalyst that helped to start NESA. if it were not for his dedication and generosity, NESA Pittsburgh, would simply not exist. For that, we all owe Joe a debt of gratitude. I am grateful that he has accepted the role of Chairman Emiritus, so that we can continue to benefit from his council and experience.
Going forward, my goals are to continue to build NESA Pittsburgh. Simply put:
The object and purpose of NESA Pittsburgh shall be to recognize and recommit the membership to the obligations and responsibilities of an Eagle Scout. This will be accomplished by, but not limited to, the following actions:
- We will do our best to make our training an example of our rank and our status and our influence count strongly for better Scouting and for better citizenship in our community and in our contacts with other people.
- We shall act as mentors to fellow Eagle Scouts and provide guidance in their careers.
- We will provide opportunities for Eagles to meet, congregate and ideate.
- We will provide opportunities for community service, both inside and outside of scouting.
- We will promote Scouting and, in particular, Eagles to local businesses and organizations.
- We will recognize new Eagles for their significant accomplishment.
Towards these goals, in three years, I fully expect us to achieve a goal of 1,000 members by 2022.
For those reading this, please get involved. It will help you, it will help the region, it will help other Eagles, and it will help NESA Pittsburgh.
Chairman - NESA Pittsburgh